South America can be considered the best kept secret in the world. Uncountable amazing destinations of this planet are there. However, more than Brazil with its wonderful beaches, cities and colonial settlements or Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Montevideo, Quito or Santiago, visitors are attracted to this zone because:
- People are authentic and passionate: they welcome the tourist with enthusiasm and are generous with their help and advices. The local culture, from Patagonia to Colombia, is friendly and open. There are two things that move their feelings: music and soccer. Therefore, if you want to dance Salsa, Bachata or Merengue or enjoy the emotion of a football tournament get package holidays to South America.
- There is diverse and gorgeous scenery: this is precisely what you are looking for when thinking about geographic variety. Glaciers, deserts, islands, mountain chains, waterfalls, sandy beaches, dense jungles and more are waiting for you the whole year.
- The gastronomy is delicious in factually every corner of the area: Peruvian food has been recently acknowledged as one of the best worldly speaking. An “asado” accompanied with local red wine in Argentina, the “bandeja Paisa”in Colombia, the “pabellón criollo” or the famous “hallacas” (a typical Christmas plate) in Venezuela, etc. just to mention some of them, will be unforgettable.
- Ancient cultures make a puzzle: the Incas constitute the biggest pre-Columbian civilization. Its kingdom includes Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador and Peru. You should not miss Machu Picchu or Cuzco in the last mentioned country.
- There are opportunities for the most supreme and wildest outdoor activities due to the diversity in landscapes and climates: try surfing, kitesurfing or paragliding in Mancora (Peru), La Paloma (Uruguay) or Arica (Chile); hiking in Los Andes; snowboarding in Bariloche, Argentina, mountain biking at the Death Road in Bolivia or sandboarding at the Atacama Desert in the tricontinental Chilean nation.